You are here
Thomas R. Buroker, DO, FACP
Dr. Buroker completed his undergraduate work at The University of Iowa where he graduated in 1964. He went on to graduate from the College of Osteopathy Medical and Surgery (now the Des Moines University) in 1968. Dr. Buroker completed a residency at the Grace Hospital in Detroit in 1970. He completed a fellowship in Medical Oncology in 1974 at Wayne State University Medical School in Detroit.
Dr. Buroker is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
Dr. Buroker holds Membership in the following:
- Fellow American College of Physicians
- Member American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Member American Medical Association
- Member American Federation for Cancer Research
- Member American Osteopathic Association
- Member Iowa State Medical Society
- Member Iowa State Osteopathic Society
- Member Polk County Medical Society
Dr. Buroker became a faculty member in the Medical Oncology at Wayne State University in 1974. In 1978 he left academic medical practice and moved with his wife to her hometown: Des Moines, Iowa. Dr. Buroker and Dr. Shreck founded Medical Oncology and Hematology Associates in May of 1981.
Dr. Buroker has published dozens of original oncology articles. A partial listing is publically available via PubMed.
University of Iowa
College of Osteopathy Medical and Surgery
Grace Hospital, Detroit
Wayne State University Medical School, Detroit